Yep, it’s the weekend. And not only is it the weekend, but it’s the weekend before Easter. Spring is busting out all over and so are we. Ready to shed our winter clothes and get outside again. Our dogs are ready too! Not that they don’t get a chance to go outside and play in the winter. But, if you’re like me, their play time is generally a bit shorter in the winter depending on the wind chill. The ground is frozen hard, there is no grass to eat, and no fresh mud puddles to play in. So with the weekend and spring almost upon us, I thought I would post a few links for some fun stuff to do with our dogs. After all, nothing makes me smile like a dog lost in play!
- Doggeek.com – Dog Parks Dog Runs from Doggeek.com – Clickable map by state of dog parks and dog runs.
- TheDogPark.com – Search for a Dog Park in Your Area – Searchable by City and State.
- Dog Park USA – Nice site all about dog parks. With articles about having fun in them to an Interactive Google map of over 1250 parks.
- PetPlace.com – Teaching Your Dog to Love Frisbee.
- Watch and Train.com – Teaching Your Dog to Retrieve and Play Frisbee
- Play With Your Dog (Dogwise Training Manual) Pat Miller – Great book with tons of ideas for playing with your dog.
- Play Together, Stay Together – Happy and Healthy Play Between People and Dogs – A book devoted to play written by two top behaviorists and trainers, Karen London and Patricia McConnell
If you have any other links you would like added here, just leave a comment with the link! Cheers!