I used to spend the first 15 minutes of every morning removing dog hair from my mouth. It took that long for me because…
- I have four dogs who all occupy the bed at one time or another during the standard doggy day
- Two of my dogs are Aussies, known for their propensity at volume shedding
- I am unable to consume the conscious giving caffeine until after I’ve cleaned the fur from my mouth
- Easily removing dog fur from blankets is something that Stephen Hawking hasn’t gotten around to yet
Imagine my delight in finding an e-mail in my inbox inviting me to test and review the Sleep Number True Silver Blanket; especially after reading the product description.
Our True Silver™ blanket with superior protection against dust mites and pet dander so you can snooze rather than sneeze. True Silver™ fill pure fibers for anti-microbial, anti-odor and anti-static benefits that will never wash out or wear out. 300-thread-count cotton sateen cover. End-to-end box quilt stitching keeps fill from shifting. Logic™ Label takes the guesswork out of where to start making your bed.
So I dashed off a response to their e-mail trying not to sound too desperate and waited for the blanket to appear. I was not disappointed.
While I haven’t conducted any truly “scientific” research on these claims I can happily report the following after sleeping on the blanket since about mid-September.
- Dog fur seems to be less attracted to it and it shakes off much easier than any other blanket I’ve owned.
- It seems to retain its freshness longer between washing and it seems to come clean in the washer easily
- Although I am not allergic to pet dander, I do seem to notice a bit less sneezing when the furnace kick on during cold nights
- It is downright comfortable to lay on and under
The good thing is that even before I said all these nice things about their blanket, the folks at Sleep Number decided to give away a blanket to the readers of Dog Lover’s Digest. By filling out the form below, you will be entered to win a Sleep Number True Silver Blanket. The deadline to enter is Saturday, October 29, 2011, midnight Easter Standard Time.
Please be sure to enter your first and last name. Enter WWW.DOGLOVERSDIGEST.COM as the referring blog, and be sure to provide a valid e-mail address so you can be contacted should you win. After you click submit entry, please give the application a few seconds to respond.
Cheers and good luck!
Congratulations to Richard Ketterman, winner of the Sleep Number True Silver Blanket, giveaway.