With fall approaching, our dogs check the weather blogs daily in anticipation of their favorite season. Fall is a cornucopia of activities our K9 companions live for. The following, incomplete list of activities are on many a dog’s fall itinerary.
- Cool weather changes an older dog’s brain to the point where they figure a bout of the zoomies is a good idea. Father Time be damned.
- With the grass dying in cooler weather, it makes it easier to spot the epicenter of the rabbit pellets for a proper roll.
- Wetter weather means that they can take a nice mud bath right after the rabbit roll.
- Leaf piles offer opportunities to demonstrate chaos theory and canine OCD.
- Barking at trick or treaters.
- Assuring Thanksgiving guests that they too, are allowed to share their turkey.
- Observe the hypocrisy of humans’ insistence that dogs learn self-control while humans can’t make it through a football game (or match, depending on your version of football) without losing their bloody minds.
- Abstract art via mud and linoleum media.
- Playing pigs in a blanket with their favorite human.
- Cocklebur collecting.
Whatever your dog’s favorite activity in the cooler weather, put the coffee in the pot or the kettle on the boil and go outside and enjoy your dog.